Synonyms of withholding
- 1. withholding, subtraction, deduction
- usage: the act of deducting from an employee's salary
- 2. withholding tax, withholding, income tax
- usage: income tax withheld from employees' wages and paid directly to the government by the employer
- 3. withholding, retention, keeping, holding
- usage: the act of holding back or keeping within your possession or control; "I resented his withholding permission"; "there were allegations of the withholding of evidence"
- 1. withhold, keep back, deny, refuse
- usage: hold back; refuse to hand over or share; "The father is withholding the allowance until the son cleans his room"
- 2. withhold, deduct, recoup, keep, hold on
- usage: retain and refrain from disbursing; of payments; "My employer is withholding taxes"
All rights reserved.