WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. woman, adult female, female, female person, adult, grownup
- usage: an adult female person (as opposed to a man); "the woman kept house while the man hunted"
- 2. woman, female, female person
- usage: a female person who plays a significant role (wife or mistress or girlfriend) in the life of a particular man; "he was faithful to his woman"
- 3. charwoman, char, cleaning woman, cleaning lady, woman, cleaner
- usage: a human female employed to do housework; "the char will clean the carpet"; "I have a woman who comes in four hours a day while I write"
- 4. womanhood, woman, fair sex, class, stratum, social class, socio-economic class
- usage: women as a class; "it's an insult to American womanhood"; "woman is the glory of creation"; "the fair sex gathered on the veranda"
All rights reserved.
See also: woman (Dictionary)