- 1. wonder, inquire, enquire, question, query
- usage: have a wish or desire to know something; "He wondered who had built this beautiful church"
- 2. wonder, question, chew over, think over, meditate, ponder, excogitate, contemplate, muse, reflect, mull, mull over, ruminate, speculate
- usage: place in doubt or express doubtful speculation; "I wonder whether this was the right thing to do"; "she wondered whether it would snow tonight"
- 3. wonder, marvel, react, respond
- usage: be amazed at; "We marvelled at the child's linguistic abilities"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. inquisitive, speculative, questioning, wondering(prenominal), curious (vs. incurious)
- usage: showing curiosity; "if someone saw a man climbing a light post they might get inquisitive"; "raised a speculative eyebrow"
All rights reserved.
See also: wondering (Dictionary)