WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. woody (vs. nonwoody), ashen, beechen, birch, birchen, birken, cedarn, ligneous, oaken, suffrutescent, wooden
- usage: made of or containing or resembling wood; "woody plants"; "perennial herbs with woody stems"; "a woody taste"
- 2. arboraceous, arboreous, woodsy, woody, wooded (vs. unwooded)
- usage: abounding in trees; "an arboreous landscape"; "violets in woodsy shady spots"; "a woody area near the highway"
- 3. woody, hard (vs. soft)
- usage: made hard like wood as the result of the deposition of lignin in the cell walls
All rights reserved.
See also: woody (Dictionary)