WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. worker, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: a person who works at a specific occupation; "he is a good worker"
- 2. proletarian, prole, worker, commoner, common man, common person
- usage: a member of the working class (not necessarily employed); "workers of the world--unite!"
- 3. worker, insect
- usage: sterile member of a colony of social insects that forages for food and cares for the larvae
- 4. actor, doer, worker, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: a person who acts and gets things done; "he's a principal actor in this affair"; "when you want something done get a doer"; "he's a miracle worker"
All rights reserved.
See also: worker (Dictionary)