Synonyms of working class
- 1. labor, labour, working class, proletariat, class, stratum, social class, socio-economic class
- usage: a social class comprising those who do manual labor or work for wages; "there is a shortage of skilled labor in this field"
- 1. propertyless, wage-earning, working-class, blue-collar, lower-class (vs. middle-class) (vs. upper-class), low-class
- usage: of those who work for wages especially manual or industrial laborers; "party of the propertyless proletariat"- G.B.Shaw
- 2. wage-earning, working-class, blue-collar (vs. white-collar)
- usage: working for hourly wages rather than fixed (e.g. annual) salaries; "working-class occupations include manual as well as industrial labor"
All rights reserved.