Synonyms of world
- 1. universe, existence, creation, world, cosmos, macrocosm, natural object
- usage: everything that exists anywhere; "they study the evolution of the universe"; "the biggest tree in existence"
- 2. world, domain, class, stratum, social class, socio-economic class
- usage: people in general; especially a distinctive group of people with some shared interest; "the Western world"
- 3. world, reality, experience
- usage: all of your experiences that determine how things appear to you; "his world was shattered"; "we live in different worlds"; "for them demons were as much a part of reality as trees were"
- 4. Earth, earth, world, globe
- usage: the 3rd planet from the sun; the planet we live on; "the Earth moves around the sun"; "he sailed around the world"
- 5. populace, public, world, people
- usage: people in general considered as a whole; "he is a hero in the eyes of the public"
- 6. world, part, piece
- usage: a part of the earth that can be considered separately; "the outdoor world"; "the world of insects"
- 7. worldly concern, earthly concern, world, earth, concern
- usage: the concerns of this life as distinguished from heaven and the afterlife; "they consider the church to be independent of the world"
- 8. world, human race, humanity, humankind, human beings, humans, mankind, man, homo, man, human being, human, group, grouping
- usage: all of the living human inhabitants of the earth; "all the world loves a lover"; "she always used `humankind' because `mankind' seemed to slight the women"
- 1. global, planetary, world(prenominal), worldwide, world-wide, international (vs. national)
- usage: involving the entire earth; not limited or provincial in scope; "global war"; "global monetary policy"; "neither national nor continental but planetary"; "a world crisis"; "of worldwide significance"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of world (Dictionary)