Synonyms of worry
- 1. concern, worry, headache, vexation, negative stimulus
- usage: something or someone that causes anxiety; a source of unhappiness; "New York traffic is a constant concern"; "it's a major worry"
- 2. worry, trouble, anxiety
- usage: a strong feeling of anxiety; "his worry over the prospect of being fired"; "it is not work but worry that kills"; "he wanted to die and end his troubles"
- 1. worry
- usage: be worried, concerned, anxious, troubled, or uneasy; "I worry about my job"
- 2. worry, care, mind
- usage: be concerned with; "I worry about my grades"
- 3. worry, vex, perturb, unhinge, disquiet, trouble, cark, distract, disorder
- usage: disturb the peace of mind of; afflict with mental agitation or distress; "I cannot sleep--my daughter's health is worrying me"
- 4. concern, interest, occupy, worry
- usage: be on the mind of; "I worry about the second Germanic consonant shift"
- 5. worry, incise
- usage: lacerate by biting; "the dog worried his bone"
- 6. worry, rub
- usage: touch or rub constantly; "The old man worried his beads"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of worry (Dictionary)