- 1. worthy, important person, influential person, personage
- usage: an important, honorable person (word is often used humorously); "he told his story to some conservative worthies"; "local worthies rarely challenged the chief constable"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. worthy (vs. unworthy), applaudable, commendable, laudable, praiseworthy, creditable, cum laude, deserving, worth(predicate), exemplary, model(prenominal), magna cum laude, meritorious, meritable, noteworthy, notable, quotable, sacred, summa cum laude, valued, precious, valuable, worthful, worthwhile, estimable, good, honorable#2, honourable, righteous, valuable
- usage: having worth or merit or value; being honorable or admirable; "a worthy fellow"; "a worthy cause"
- 2. desirable, suitable, worthy, eligible (vs. ineligible)
- usage: worthy of being chosen especially as a spouse; "the parents found the girl suitable for their son"
- 3. worthy, fit (vs. unfit)
- usage: having qualities or abilities that merit recognition in some way; "behavior worthy of reprobation"; "a fact worthy of attention"
All rights reserved.
See also: worthy (Dictionary)