Synonyms of wound up
- 1. finish up, land up, fetch up, end up, wind up, finish, act, move
- usage: finally be or do something; "He ended up marrying his high school sweetheart"; "he wound up being unemployed and living at home again"
- 2. wind up, swing
- usage: give a preliminary swing to the arm pitching
- 3. arouse, sex, excite, turn on, wind up, stimulate, shake, shake up, excite, stir
- usage: stimulate sexually; "This movie usually arouses the male audience"
- 4. wind, wind up, tighten, fasten
- usage: coil the spring of (some mechanical device) by turning a stem; "wind your watch"
- 1. aroused, wound up, tense (vs. relaxed)
- usage: brought to a state of great tension; "all wound up for a fight"
All rights reserved.