- 1. wounded, maimed, people
- usage: people who are wounded; "they had to leave the wounded where they fell"
- 1. injure, wound, hurt
- usage: cause injuries or bodily harm to
- 2. hurt, wound, injure, bruise, offend, spite, arouse, elicit, enkindle, kindle, evoke, fire, raise, provoke
- usage: hurt the feelings of; "She hurt me when she did not include me among her guests"; "This remark really bruised my ego"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. hurt, wounded, injured (vs. uninjured)
- usage: suffering from physical injury especially that suffered in battle; "nursing his wounded arm"; "ambulances...for the hurt men and women"
All rights reserved.
See also: wounded (Dictionary)