Synonyms of wrench
- 1. wrench, twist, pull, injury, hurt, harm, trauma
- usage: a sharp strain on muscles or ligaments; "the wrench to his knee occurred as he fell"; "he was sidelined with a hamstring pull"
- 2. twist, wrench, movement, motion
- usage: a jerky pulling movement
- 3. wrench, spanner, hand tool
- usage: a hand tool that is used to hold or twist a nut or bolt
- 1. wrench, twist, pull
- usage: twist or pull violently or suddenly, especially so as to remove (something) from that to which it is attached or from where it originates; "wrench a window off its hinges"; "wrench oneself free from somebody's grip"; "a deep sigh was wrenched from his chest"
- 2. wrench, writhe, wrestle, wriggle, worm, squirm, twist
- usage: make a sudden twisting motion
- 3. wring, wrench, twist, twine, distort
- usage: twist and compress, as if in pain or anguish; "Wring one's hand"
- 4. twist, sprain, wrench, turn, wrick, rick, injure, wound
- usage: twist suddenly so as to sprain; "wrench one's ankle"; "The wrestler twisted his shoulder"; "the hikers sprained their ankles when they fell"; "I turned my ankle and couldn't walk for several days"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of wrench (Dictionary)