Synonyms of wrenching
- 1. wrench, twist, pull
- usage: twist or pull violently or suddenly, especially so as to remove (something) from that to which it is attached or from where it originates; "wrench a window off its hinges"; "wrench oneself free from somebody's grip"; "a deep sigh was wrenched from his chest"
- 2. wrench, writhe, wrestle, wriggle, worm, squirm, twist
- usage: make a sudden twisting motion
- 3. wring, wrench, twist, twine, distort
- usage: twist and compress, as if in pain or anguish; "Wring one's hand"
- 4. twist, sprain, wrench, turn, wrick, rick, injure, wound
- usage: twist suddenly so as to sprain; "wrench one's ankle"; "The wrestler twisted his shoulder"; "the hikers sprained their ankles when they fell"; "I turned my ankle and couldn't walk for several days"
- 1. racking, wrenching, painful (vs. painless)
- usage: causing great physical or mental suffering; "a wrenching pain"
All rights reserved.