Synonyms of write in
- 1. write-in candidate, write-in, campaigner, candidate, nominee
- usage: a candidate for public office whose name does not appear on the ballot and so must be written on the ballot by the voters
- 2. write-in, vote, ballot, voting, balloting
- usage: a vote cast by writing in the name of a candidate who is not listed on the ballot
- 1. write in, vote
- usage: cast a vote by inserting a name that does not appear on the ballot; "Many voters wrote in the names of strangers"
- 2. write in, write
- usage: write to an organization; "Many listeners wrote in after the controversial radio program"
All rights reserved.