Synonyms of x ray
- 1. X ray, X-ray, X-radiation, roentgen ray, electromagnetic radiation, electromagnetic wave, nonparticulate radiation, ionizing radiation
- usage: electromagnetic radiation of short wavelength produced when high-speed electrons strike a solid target
- 2. roentgenogram, X ray, X-ray, X-ray picture, X-ray photograph, radiogram, radiograph, shadowgraph, skiagraph, skiagram
- usage: a radiogram made by exposing photographic film to X rays; used in medical diagnosis
- 1. x-ray, examine, see
- usage: examine by taking x-rays
- 2. x-ray, photograph, snap, shoot
- usage: take an x-ray of something or somebody; "The doctor x-rayed my chest"
All rights reserved.