- 1. zany, clown, buffoon, goof, goofball, merry andrew
- usage: a buffoon in one of the old comedies; imitates others for ludicrous effect
- 2. fathead, goof, goofball, bozo, jackass, goose, cuckoo, twat, zany, fool, sap, saphead, muggins, tomfool
- usage: a man who is a stupid incompetent fool
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. cockamamie, cockamamy, goofy, sappy, silly, wacky, whacky, zany, foolish (vs. wise)
- usage: ludicrous, foolish; "gave me a cockamamie reason for not going"; "wore a goofy hat"; "a silly idea"; "some wacky plan for selling more books"
- 2. buffoonish, clownish, clownlike, zany, humorous (vs. humorless), humourous
- usage: like a clown; "a buffoonish walk"; "a clownish face"; "a zany sense of humor"
All rights reserved.
See also: zany (Dictionary)