- 1. zone, topographic point, place, spot
- usage: a locally circumscribed place characterized by some distinctive features
- 2. zone, geographical zone, geographical area, geographic area, geographical region, geographic region
- usage: any of the regions of the surface of the Earth loosely divided according to latitude or longitude
- 3. zone, region, part
- usage: an area or region distinguished from adjacent parts by a distinctive feature or characteristic
- 4. zone, zona, structure, anatomical structure, complex body part, bodily structure, body structure
- usage: (anatomy) any encircling or beltlike structure
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. zone, district, regulate, regularize, regularise, order, govern
- usage: regulate housing in; of certain areas of towns
- 2. partition, zone, separate, divide
- usage: separate or apportion into sections; "partition a room off"
All rights reserved.
See also: zone (Dictionary)