Nicknames for U.S. Soldiers
- “Jonny Rebel” A Confederate soldier during the Civil War.
- “Billy Yank” A Union soldier during the Civil War.
- “Doughboy” A World War I Soldier.
- “Dogface” A World War II and Korean War Soldier.
- “Grunt” A Vietnam War soldier.
- “Leatherneck, Jarhead” A US Marine.
- “Mustang” A commissioned officer who has advanced from an enlisted rank.
- “Fall-Out” A soldier that can not keep up with his/her unit.
- “Chalk” A group of airborne soldiers who deploy from the same aircraft.