Nicknames for U.S. Soldiers
Updated February 21, 2017 | Factmonster Staff
- ?Jonny Rebel? A Confederate soldier during the Civil War.
- ?Billy Yank? A Union soldier during the Civil War.
- ?Doughboy? A World War I Soldier.
- ?Dogface? A World War II and Korean War Soldier.
- ?Grunt? A Vietnam War soldier.
- ?Leatherneck, Jarhead? A US Marine.
- ?Mustang? A commissioned officer who has advanced from an enlisted rank.
- ?Fall-Out? A soldier that can not keep up with his/her unit.
- ?Chalk? A group of airborne soldiers who deploy from the same aircraft.