Arts & Entertainment: Ask the Fact Monster Questions
Updated February 23, 2017 | Factmonster Staff
Arts & Entertainment
- Who wrote the music and words to the song America the Beautiful?
- Where was "America the Beautiful" written? My understanding is that it was written in Andover, Mass. A Phillips Academy dormitory is named "America House."
- What are the dimensions of the Great Pyramid Of Cheops?
- When did FM radio begin?
- What Shakespeare play is this quote from? "There's rosemary, that's for remembrance; pray,love, remember: and there is pansies. That's for thoughts."
- I am looking for information about the dance called the rumba. Can you help?
- I am trying to identify the Russian dance where the "dancers" have their arms crossed in front of them while they bouncing up and down and alternately extending one of their legs out in front of them. Can you help on this one?
- I'm looking for the most expensive painting in the world. Who was it painted by and when?
- Please help! I have been searching desperately for the lyrics to the theme song for the Spiderman cartoon. Spiderman, Spiderman, does whatever a spider can..." I really would appreciate your help, as I know a four year old little boy who wants to know the words in time for Halloween. Thank you. P.S. I'm new to the web and love your website. Looks like a wonderful world of resources!
- Where can I find a list of people in the rock and roll hall of fame?
- Why do people yell "Freebird!" at concerts?
- What is the Vocal Group Hall of Fame?
- Did Pachelbel compose anything other than Canon in D Major?