abroad: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (u-brd'), [key]
- in or to a foreign country or countries: famous at home and abroad.
- in or to another continent: Shall we go to Mexico or abroad this summer?
- out of doors; from one place to another; about: No one was abroad in the noonday heat. The owl ventures abroad at night.
- spread around; in circulation: Rumors of disaster are abroad.
- broadly; widely; far and wide.
- wide of the mark; in error.
- a foreign land or lands: imports from abroad.
- abroad (Thesaurus)