Meaning of accredit
Pronunciation: (u-kred'it), [key]
- to ascribe or attribute to (usually fol. by with): He was accredited with having said it.
- to attribute or ascribe; consider as belonging: an invention accredited to Edison.
- to provide or send with credentials; designate officially: to accredit an envoy.
- to certify (a school, college, or the like) as meeting all formal official requirements of academic excellence, curriculum, facilities, etc.
- to make authoritative, creditable, or reputable; sanction.
- to regard as true; believe.
- accredit (Thesaurus)