admission: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (ad-mish'un), [key]
- the act of allowing to enter; entrance granted by permission, by provision or existence of pecuniary means, or by the removal of obstacles: the admission of aliens into a country.
- right or permission to enter: granting admission to the rare books room.
- the price paid for entrance, as to a theater or ball park.
- an act or condition of being received or accepted in a position, profession, occupation, or office; appointment: admission to the bar.
- confession of a charge, an error, or a crime; acknowledgment: His admission of the theft solved the mystery.
- an acknowledgment of the truth of something.
- a point or statement admitted; concession.
- admission (Thesaurus)