Meaning of affinity
Pronunciation: (u-fin'i-tē), [key]
— n., pl. adj. -ties.,
- a natural liking for or attraction to a person, thing, idea, etc.
- a person, thing, idea, etc., for which such a natural liking or attraction is felt.
- relationship by marriage or by ties other than those of blood (distinguished from consanguinity).
- inherent likeness or agreement; close resemblance or connection.
- the phylogenetic relationship between two organisms or groups of organisms resulting in a resemblance in general plan or structure, or in the essential structural parts.
- the force by which atoms are held together in chemical compounds.
- of or pertaining to persons who share the same interests: to arrange charter flights for opera lovers and other affinity groups.
- affinity (Thesaurus)