albatross: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (al'bu-trôs", -tros"), [key]
- any of several large, web-footed sea birds of the family Diomedeidae that have the ability to remain aloft for long periods. Cf. wandering albatross.
- a seemingly inescapable moral or emotional burden, as of guilt or responsibility.
- something burdensome that impedes action or progress.
- a lightweight worsted fabric with a crepe or pebble finish.
- a plain-weave cotton fabric with a soft nap surface.
- albatross (Thesaurus)