alien: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (?l'yun, ?'l?-un), [key]
- a resident born in or belonging to another country who has not acquired citizenship by naturalization (distinguished from citizen).
- a foreigner.
- a person who has been estranged or excluded.
- a creature from outer space; extraterrestrial.
- residing under a government or in a country other than that of one's birth without having or obtaining the status of citizenship there.
- belonging or relating to aliens: alien property.
- unlike one's own; strange; not belonging to one: alien speech.
- adverse; hostile; opposed (usually fol. by to or from): ideas alien to modern thinking.
- alien (Thesaurus)