Meaning of any
Pronunciation: (en'ē), [key]
- one, a, an, or some; one or more without specification or identification: If you have any witnesses, produce them. Pick out any six you like.
- whatever or whichever it may be: cheap at any price.
- in whatever quantity or number, great or small; some: Do you have any butter?
- every; all: Any schoolboy would know that. Read any books you find on the subject.
- (following a negative) at all: She can't endure any criticism.
- an unspecified person or persons; anybody; anyone: He does better than any before him.
- a single one or ones; an unspecified thing or things; a quantity or number: We don't have any left.
- in whatever degree; to some extent; at all: Do you feel any better?
- in any manner whatever; indifferently or carelessly: Doing your work any which way is just not good enough.
- any (Thesaurus)