Meaning of arcade
Pronunciation: (är-kād'), [key]
— n., v., -cad•ed, -cad•ing.
- a series of arches supported on piers or columns.
- an arched, roofed-in gallery. Cf. colonnade.
- an arched or covered passageway, usually with shops on each side.
- an establishment, public area, etc., containing games of a mechanical and electronic type, as pinball and video games, that can be played by a customer for a fee.
- an ornamental carving, as on a piece of furniture, in the form of a row of arches.
- to provide with an arcade.
- arcade (Thesaurus)