Meaning of armor
Pronunciation: (är'mur), [key]
- any covering worn as a defense against weapons.
- a suit of armor.
- a metallic sheathing or protective covering, esp. metal plates, used on warships, armored vehicles, airplanes, and fortifications.
- mechanized units of military forces, as armored divisions.
- any protective covering, as on certain animals, insects, or plants.
- any quality, characteristic, situation, or thing that serves as protection: A chilling courtesy was his only armor.
- the outer, protective wrapping of metal, usually fine, braided steel wires, on a cable.
- to cover or equip with armor or armor plate.
- armor (Thesaurus)