Meaning of assistant
Pronunciation: (u-sis'tunt), [key]
- a person who assists or gives aid and support; helper.
- a person who is subordinate to another in rank, function, etc.; one holding a secondary rank in an office or post: He was assistant to the office manager.
- something that aids and supplements another.
- a faculty member of a college or university who ranks below an instructor and whose responsibilities usually include grading papers, supervising laboratories, and assisting in teaching.
- assisting; helpful.
- serving in an immediately subordinate position; of secondary rank: an assistant coach.
- assistant (Thesaurus)