Meaning of Atlantic
Pronunciation: (at-lan'tik), [key]
- of or pertaining to the Atlantic Ocean.
- of, pertaining to, or situated on the eastern seaboard of the U.S.: the Atlantic states.
- of or pertaining to the countries bordering the Atlantic Ocean, esp. those of North America and Europe.
- of or pertaining to the North Atlantic Treaty Organization or its members: the Atlantic Alliance.
- a steam locomotive having a four-wheeled front truck, four driving wheels, and a two-wheeled rear truck. See table under
- Atlantic (Thesaurus)