authoritarian: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (u-thôr"i-târ'ē-un, u-thor"-), [key]
- favoring complete obedience or subjection to authority as opposed to individual freedom: authoritarian principles; authoritarian attitudes.
- of or pertaining to a governmental or political system, principle, or practice in which individual freedom is held as completely subordinate to the power or authority of the state, centered either in one person or a small group that is not constitutionally accountable to the people.
- exercising complete or almost complete control over the will of another or of others: an authoritarian parent.
- a person who favors or acts according to authoritarian principles.
- authoritarian (Thesaurus)