beneath: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (bi-nēth', -nē'), [key]
- below; in or to a lower place, position, state, or the like.
- underneath: heaven above and the earth beneath.
- below; under: beneath the same roof.
- farther down than; underneath; lower in place than: The first drawer beneath the top one.
- lower down on a slope than: beneath the crest of a hill.
- inferior or less important, as in position, rank, or power: A captain is beneath a major.
- unworthy of; below the level or dignity of: to regard others as beneath one; behavior that was beneath contempt.
- beneath (Thesaurus)