Meaning of berry
Pronunciation: (ber'ē), [key]
— n., pl. v., -ries, -ried, -ry•ing.
- any small, usually stoneless, juicy fruit, irrespective of botanical structure, as the huckleberry, strawberry, or hackberry.
- a simple fruit having a pulpy pericarp in which the seeds are embedded, as the grape, gooseberry, currant, or tomato.
- a dry seed or kernel, as of wheat.
- the hip of the rose.
- one of the eggs of a lobster, crayfish, etc.
- someone or something very attractive or unusual.
- to gather or pick berries: We went berrying this morning.
- to bear or produce berries.
Pronunciation: (ber'ē for 2 also Fr. be&sylprē'), [key]
- (“Chuck”), born 1926, U.S. rock-'n'-roll singer, musician, and composer.
- a former province in central France.
- berry (Thesaurus)