billing: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (bil'ing), [key]
- the relative position in which a performer or act is listed on handbills, posters, etc.: A star usually receives billing above the title of the play.
- advertising; publicity: The show was a sellout weeks ahead of the opening because of advance billing.
- the amount of business done by a firm, esp. an advertising agency, within a specified period of time.
- an act or instance of preparing or sending out a bill or invoice.
- the total amount of the cost of goods or services billed to a customer, usually covering purchases made or services rendered within a specified period of time.
- billing (Thesaurus)