bleep: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (blēp), [key]
- a brief, constant beeping sound, usually of a high pitch and generated by an electronic device.
- such an electronic sound used to replace a censored word or phrase, as on a television broadcast.
- (used as a euphemism to indicate the omission or deletion of an obscenity or other objectionable word).
- (of an electronic device) to emit a series of bleeps as an audible signal, summons, or warning.
- to censor (an obscene, vulgar, or other objectionable word or phrase) from a radio or television broadcast by deleting from the audio signal, leaving a gap or an electronic tone: The word was bleeped out of the comedian's routine.
- bleep (Thesaurus)