Meaning of box office
- the office of a theater, stadium, or the like, at which tickets are sold.
- This show will be good box office.
- receipts from a play or other entertainment.
- entertainment popular enough to attract paying audiences and make a profit:This show will be good box office.
Pronunciation: (boks'ô"fis, -of"is), [key]
- of or pertaining to the box office or to the business and commercial aspects of the theater: a box-office window; box-office receipts; a box-office attraction.
- box office (Thesaurus)