Meaning of breakout
Pronunciation: (brāk'out"), [key]
- an escape, often with the use of force, as from a prison or mental institution.
- an appearance or manifestation, as of a disease, that is sudden and often widespread; outbreak.
- an itemization; breakdown: a hotel bill with a breakout of each service offered.
- an instance of surpassing any previous achievement: a breakout in gold prices.
- the act or process of removing and disassembling equipment that has been used in drilling a well.
- of or constituting a sudden increase, advance, or unexpected success: The director has finally scored with a breakout movie.
- breakout (Thesaurus)