Meaning of breeding
Pronunciation: (brē'ding), [key]
- the producing of offspring.
- the improvement or development of breeds of livestock, as by selective mating and hybridization.
- the production of new forms by selection, crossing, and hybridizing.
- training; nurture: He is a man of good breeding.
- the result of upbringing or training as shown in behavior and manners; manners, esp. good manners: You can tell when a person has breeding.
- the production in a nuclear reactor of more fissile material than is consumed.
- breeding (Thesaurus)