Meaning of Bristol
Pronunciation: (bris'tl), [key]
- a seaport in Avon, in SW England, on the Avon River near its confluence with the Severn estuary. 420,100.
- a city in central Connecticut. 57,370.
- a city in NE Tennessee, contiguous with but politically independent of Bristol, Virginia. 23,986.
- a town in E Rhode Island. 20,128.
- a city in SW Virginia. 19,042.
- a town in SE Pennsylvania, on the Delaware River. 10,876.
- Bristol, Tennessee, and Bristol, Virginia, considered as a unit.
- Bristol (Thesaurus)