cadre: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (kad'rē, kä'drā), [key]
- the key group of officers and enlisted personnel necessary to establish and train a new military unit.
- a group of trained or otherwise qualified personnel capable of forming, training, or leading an expanded organization, as a religious or political faction, or a skilled work force: They hoped to form a cadre of veteran party members.
- (esp. in Communist countries) a cell of trained and devoted workers.
- a member of a cadre; a person qualified to serve in a cadre.
- a framework, outline, or scheme.
- cadre (Thesaurus)