calendar: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (kal'un-dur), [key]
- a table or register with the days of each month and week in a year: He marked the date on his calendar.
- any of various systems of reckoning time, esp. with reference to the beginning, length, and divisions of the year. Cf.
- a list or register, esp. one arranged chronologically, as of appointments, work to be done, or cases to be tried in a court.
- a list, in the order to be considered, of bills, resolutions, etc., brought before a legislative body.
- a guide or example.
- to enter in a calendar; register.
- calendar (Thesaurus)