Meaning of cheese
— n., v., cheesed, chees•ing.
- the curd of milk separated from the whey and prepared in many ways as a food.
- a definite mass of this substance, often in the shape of a wheel or cylinder.
- something of similar shape or consistency, as a mass of pomace in cider-making.
- partly digested milk curds sometimes spit up by infants.
- any of several mallows, esp. Malva neglecta, a sprawling,weedy plant having small lavender or white flowers and round, flat, segmented fruits thought to resemble little wheels of cheese.
- . smegma.
- a transverse section cut from an ingot, as for making into a tire.
- an ingot or billet made into a convex, circular form by blows at the ends.
- a low curtsy.
- (of infants) to spit up partly digested milk curds.
- to forge (an ingot or billet) into a cheese.
— cheesed, chees•ing.
- look out!
- run away!
— n. Slang.
- a person or thing that is important or splendid.
- cheese (Thesaurus)