Meaning of chisel
Pronunciation: (chiz'ul), [key]
— n., v., -eled, -el•ing -elled, -el•ling.
- a wedgelike tool with a cutting edge at the end of the blade, often made of steel, used for cutting or shaping wood, stone, etc.
- (cap.)the constellation Caelum.
- to cut, shape, or fashion by or as if by carving with a chisel.
- to cheat or swindle (someone): He chiseled me out of fifty dollars.
- to get (something) by cheating or trickery: He chiseled fifty dollars out of me.
- to work with a chisel.
- to trick; cheat.
- chisel (Thesaurus)