Meaning of cinnamon
Pronunciation: (sin'u-mun), [key]
- the aromatic inner bark of any of several East Indian trees belonging to the genus Cinnamonum, of the laurel family, esp. the bark of C. zeylanicumused as a spice, or that of C. loureiriiused in medicine as a cordial and carminative.
- a tree yielding such bark.
- any allied or similar tree.
- a common culinary spice of dried rolled strips of this bark, often made into a powder.
- cassia (def. 1).
- a yellowish or reddish brown.
- (of food) containing or flavored with cinnamon.
- reddish-brown or yellowish-brown.
- cinnamon (Thesaurus)