Meaning of clerical
Pronunciation: (kler'i-kul), [key]
- of, pertaining to, appropriate for, or assigned to an office clerk or clerks: a clerical job.
- doing the work of a clerk or clerks: a clerical assistant; a clerical staff.
- of, pertaining to, or characteristic of the clergy or a member of the clergy: clerical garb.
- advocating the power or influence of the clergy in politics, government, etc.: a clerical party.
- a cleric.
- clerical garments.
- a person or a party advocating the power or influence of the church in politics, government, etc.
- a person who does clerical work; office worker; clerk.
- a minor error, as in the keeping of records, the transcribing of documents, or the handling of correspondence.
- clerical (Thesaurus)