Meaning of cobweb
Pronunciation: (kob'web"), [key]
— n., v., -webbed, -web•bing.
- a web spun by a spider to entrap its prey.
- a single thread spun by a spider.
- something resembling a cobweb; anything finespun, flimsy, or insubstantial.
- a network of plot or intrigue; an insidious snare.
- confusion, indistinctness, or lack of order: I'm so tired my head is full of cobwebs.
- to cover with or as with cobwebs: Spiders cobwebbed the cellar.
- to confuse or muddle: Drunkenness cobwebbed his mind.
- cobweb (Thesaurus)