Meaning of collective
Pronunciation: (ku-lek'tiv), [key]
- formed by collection.
- forming a whole; combined: the collective assets of a corporation and its subsidiaries.
- of or characteristic of a group of individuals taken together: the collective wishes of the membership.
- organized according to the principles of collectivism: a collective farm.
- a collective body; aggregate.
- a business, farm, etc., jointly owned and operated by the members of a group.
- a unit of organization or the organization in a collectivist system.
- collective (Thesaurus)