Meaning of comic
Pronunciation: (kom'ik), [key]
- of, pertaining to, or characterized by comedy: comic opera.
- of or pertaining to a person who acts in or writes comedy: a comic actor; a comic dramatist.
- of, pertaining to, or characteristic of comedy: comic situations; a comic sense.
- provoking laughter; humorous; funny; laughable.
- a comedian.
- comic strips.
- the element or quality of comedy in literature, art, drama, etc.: An appreciation of the comic came naturally to her.
- comic (Thesaurus)