Meaning of conception
Pronunciation: (kun-sep'shun), [key]
- the act of conceiving; the state of being conceived.
- fertilization; inception of pregnancy.
- a notion; idea; concept: She has some odd conceptions about life.
- something that is conceived: That machine is the conception of a genius.
- origination; beginning: The organization has been beset by problems from its conception.
- a design; plan.
- a sketch of something not actually existing: an artist's conception of ancient Athens.
- the act or power of forming notions, ideas, or concepts.
- conception (Thesaurus)