Meaning of concert
Pronunciation: (n., adj.kon'sûrt, -surtv.kun&sylpsûrt'), [key]
- a public musical performance in which a number of singers or instrumentalists, or both, participate.
- a public performance, usually by an individual singer, instrumentalist, or the like; recital: The violinist has given concerts all over the world.
- agreement of two or more individuals in a design or plan; combined action; accord or harmony: His plan was greeted with a concert of abuse.
- together; jointly: to act in concert.
- designed or intended for concerts: concert hall.
- performed at concerts: concert music.
- performing or capable of performing at concerts: a concert pianist.
- to contrive or arrange by agreement: They were able to concert a settlement of their differences.
- to plan; devise: A program of action was concerted at the meeting.
- to plan or act together.
- concert (Thesaurus)